Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mountain top climb

So the new year has begun with a bang. A good bang. I graduated officially and I'm realizing that there's nothing that's going to stop me from running toward the promises of God; the things that I'm supposed to be doing for Him. It's amazing that there are times when things seem so impossible, so unlikely and there is no way that you can grasp it. Now, here I am and those same things haven't changed but my view has.

Looking from a distance up at that mountain and realizing how big it is and how far I'm going to have to climb is...well discouraging. Then just by simply beginning to climb the mountain and then glancing down, I realize how far I've climbed. Maybe it's not so impossible (or discouraging) after all. Have I slipped? Sure. Have I been afraid to be "this high up"? Of course but I've loved every minute of it. The air is cleaner up here, I'm getting exercise and the view is so amazingly, breathtakingly beautiful!

So I liken my life to a mountain climb but I'm always striving to go up. It's not necessarily a "bettering of myself" but moving towards what God has called me to do and who He's called me to be. It's not the easiest climb but I'm almost positive that when I reach the top of this mountain that it would've been all worth it. To stand and look out at the view; to know I never gave up. It's going to be an exciting year. For now, I'm just busy climbing this one mountain until I reach the top and cross over a connecting bridge to descend back down. That will be the hardest part because in the valley, it's dark and you never really see what awaits you but rocks and rough edges but well, sometimes you find a few lilies...

That's probably when you start your mountain top climb again.

No comments: