Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Chosen Generation

1 Peter tells us that we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a Holy nation...this generation is the biggest generation to date. I remember when I was at St. John's and it was voting time, for the president I think, and the Professor asked how many of us were voting, not too many people raised their hand, actually it was 4 if I could remember correctly. Anywho, he then says, "Do you know that you guys are the largest population? You have the power to send the vote any which way you want. Too bad you don't care enough to vote." Isn't that sad?!?! We don't care enough about our generation. Yet God tells us that we are chosen. Imagine if we cared enough about the salvation of this generation. I'm not talking about, "thank the Lord my place is "secure" in heaven. I am making it" I'm talking about that brokenness Samuel had when God told him that He was going to take the kingdom away from Saul. Where did THAT brokenness go?

The site for my blog is a new thing has begun (incase you didn't realize) and I named it that because something new has begun. I feel it in my spirit. Everything within me, and surprisingly even my flesh, agrees that God is on the move. Do we dare follow? Do we dare suit up and go. I mean really go.

This generation means something to God; it's a special generation to Him. I don't know why. Maybe it's because we are so wanting to be filled with something and we're searching and God is answering.

We are a chosen generation!!!!!!!!!! THIS generation is the one that's going to bring about change. We're going to turn the world upside and down. We are going to cause this world to stand back and say, just like God told Moses, "They will see that there is a God in Israel"...well New York. Yeah, they're going to stand back in awe at the power of Christ.

I want to be front lines in the generation that not only seeks Him but cries out like John the baptist in the wilderness...PREPARE THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

kitabear1 said...

I believe the same thing..I know this generation is the one to lead people to Christ. Its also the one to keep the love of Christ and the faithfulness of him around. God is a rockstar and we truly need to know that he has chosen us for a time as this. This is the time for us to take a stand for him and not be ashamed.