Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finals are here!

So, I named the blog "Battle Cries" because when I wrote my first entry, may be even long before then, there was this cry that rose up in me. It was a cry for God to change me, change the people that I talk to and change the world. It was cry of war. The kind that you yell as you run toward the enemy; the kind that felt like you were screaming at the top of your lungs but it sounded like a sweet song of worship.

Well, I'm at the end of my semester with only 3 more days to go next week and I feel like I've been marching around the wall Jericho and it has yet to fall. It's like the midnight hour is almost here and my battle cry is starting to sound like a whimper. My youth pastor always says "if you're 'fishing' here and the 'fish' aren't biting, they're plenty of 'fish in the sea so cast your net on the other side'". That's how I feel at the end of two years!! I've been fishing and nothing has happened. Yet, I feel like I should still keep casting my net on "this" side. I'm graduating and I still have yet to see fruit.

I don't want to give up. I know that they know where I stand, that I love my Lord. I have not been ashamed and everything I've said matched what I've done and vice versa. Yet, I think I want more! I want to walk into class one day and have them ask to know the Jesus that I love. However,classes are over but I'll keep praying. I'll keep going with my battle cries....for my friends, my family, this generation...

No comments: